Spybot - Search & Destroy is a popular malware, spyware and adware removal program. Like most malware scanners, Spybot-S&D scans the computer hard disk and RAM for malicious software.
Spybot - Search & Destroy can fix problems with tracking cookies, system internals (Registry), Winsock LSPs, ActiveX objects, browser hijackers and BHOs, and can to some extent protect a user's privacy by deleting usage tracks. Spybot also includes an "Immunize" feature to block the installation of spyware before it occurs. Another tool includes in Spybot is a file shredder, for the secure deletion of files.
Spybot-S&D can start in two modes: Easy mode for new users who want just the basic features, and Advanced mode for professional users and those who want more control. Both modes are available in the free version.
- Removal of adware, spyware, dialers, keyloggers, trojans and other baddies, usage tracks...
- User-extendable database. Integrated update function. Weekly updates. Update notification by mail.
- Save removal of threats by shredding them.
- Backups of every removed problem.
- Permanent blocking of threatening ActiveX downloads, known tracking cookies and threating downloads in IE.
- Command line parameters to automate tasks.
- Settings to automate scan, removal and update.
- Skins to adjust interface Spybot - Search & Destroy to the users liking.
— This version contains not only bug fixes but also improved security using Extended Validation (EV) Code Signing Certificates.
— Full support is now available for Microsoft SmartScreen and users will no longer receive warnings of possible Live Protection and Security Center Service conflicts.
— This version is recommended for all users of Windows 7 and above.
— If you are a user of our software it is recommended that you upgrade to this latest version in order to avail of these new features.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|