Steam is a content delivery platform developed by Valve Corporation. The tool is used for distribututing a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet. Users can benefit from slew of games, mods and demos as well as videos of upcoming games.
Steam will allow you to purchase new games and to download extension for games you already have. You'll be able to download demos, watch instruction videos and download games. One of Steam's advantages is the ability to start downloading, leave your PC, return to it and see that Steam continued downloading your game of choice without a glitch. The list of titles is continuously growing and also includes non-commercial titles.
Features of Steam:
- Instantly access your favorite games.
- Join the Steam Community.
- Chat with your friends while gaming.
- Easily browse multiplayer game servers.
- Receive automatic game updates.
- Play your games on any PC.
- Enjoy Steam-only special offers.
- Fix URL bar displaying on HTTPS pages when ‘Display Steam URL’ setting is disabled. Steam URL bar will now respect the setting unless on a page with a security issue in which case it will always show to display the error.
- Fix steamwebhelper crash causes when requests are unexpectedly canceled.
- Allow creating shelves for shared libraries.
- Disable screenshot slideshow in app hovers if Low Bandwidth or Low Performance mode is enabled.
- Fix some cases where mismatched header images were cached for some games.
- Fix duplicated game activity items from sometimes appearing.
- Allow Family Sharing of tools.
- Fix new categories created in small mode or Big Picture mode not being properly saved when switching to normal mode.
- Fix recently played but disallowed by Family View games not appearing in the Recent Games shelf (or the MRU jump list) when Family View is enabled at startup.
- Fix rendering of steam award images in news updates.
- Hosting on Windows and Linux automatically starts a Steam Voice chat with invited players when available. Invited Friends can optionally join and accept the voice chat in a single click.
- Players in the session are visible to all players for adjusting Steam Voice Chat mic volumes.
- All players’ status is now updated to show that they are playing the game together in the Friends List.
- Fixed host not being able to adjust the last player's input settings in some cases.
- More players fit in the vertical scrolling area.
- When a Remote Play Together session is already running, trying to invite a different friend to a different game allows the host to easily end the existing stream.
- Game volume and fullscreen/windowed preferences are remembered across sessions for the client.
- Family Sharing can now be used in conjunction with Remote Play Together.