Steam is a content delivery platform developed by Valve Corporation. The tool is used for distribututing a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet. Users can benefit from slew of games, mods and demos as well as videos of upcoming games.
Steam will allow you to purchase new games and to download extension for games you already have. You'll be able to download demos, watch instruction videos and download games. One of Steam's advantages is the ability to start downloading, leave your PC, return to it and see that Steam continued downloading your game of choice without a glitch. The list of titles is continuously growing and also includes non-commercial titles.
Features of Steam:
- Instantly access your favorite games.
- Join the Steam Community.
- Chat with your friends while gaming.
- Easily browse multiplayer game servers.
- Receive automatic game updates.
- Play your games on any PC.
- Enjoy Steam-only special offers.
- Fixed non-Steam games sometimes appearing unavailable for Remote Play.
- Fixed steamwebhelper CPU/GPU usage in Steam overlay while the overlay is not visible.
- Fixed Activity section not appearing in game details when Family View is enabled.
- Fixed "Load More Activity" button not loading more activity.
- Fixed some display errors for soundtracks with track names containing unusual characters.
- Added support for playing back soundtracks containing .m4a content.
- When installing a game, Steam will now immediately sync your Steam Cloud files in the background instead of waiting potentially until the first launch of the game.
- Minor layout and visual changes.
- Stop showing "library in use" message for non-Steam games when a shared library is being used.
- Fix issue with the Big Picture Overlay in games w/ launchers.
- Fixed crash when viewing Community Connect in Library.
- Fix an issue where the on-screen keyboard would not work with mouse or touch input when a controller is attached.
- Add a Capslock/Altlock mode to the on-screen keyboard which is enabled by double tapping the shift/alt keys.
- Remove the “Turn Off Controller” option from the power button menu for controllers which don’t support the feature.
- Add filter a for Steam Play white-listed games to the Big Picture Library’s filter list on Linux.
- Hide games hidden by Family View from SteamVR (prevents them from showing up in SteamVR Home and other VR quick launch game lists).
- Hide automatically created VR shortcuts when the original manifest has marked them hidden.
- Mark hidden shortcuts to VR games as hidden in manifests created by Steam.
- Steam overlay will now show download status when starting an application that is updating or installing.
- Eliminated spam related to the desktop overlay on Windows 10.
- Fixed issue with Quick Launch in SteamVR showing certain overlay applications.
- Added ability to invite players by dragging them from the friend's list into the Remote Play Together window.
- When a Steam Link connects, the default view is recent games that are optimized for the connecting device. This can be changed in the advanced streaming settings on the Steam Link app or hardware.