Steam is a content delivery platform developed by Valve Corporation. The tool is used for distribututing a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet. Users can benefit from slew of games, mods and demos as well as videos of upcoming games.
Steam will allow you to purchase new games and to download extension for games you already have. You'll be able to download demos, watch instruction videos and download games. One of Steam's advantages is the ability to start downloading, leave your PC, return to it and see that Steam continued downloading your game of choice without a glitch. The list of titles is continuously growing and also includes non-commercial titles.
Features of Steam:
- Instantly access your favorite games.
- Join the Steam Community.
- Chat with your friends while gaming.
- Easily browse multiplayer game servers.
- Receive automatic game updates.
- Play your games on any PC.
- Enjoy Steam-only special offers.
- Added support for EA Play.
- Fixed acquiring free DLC from Steam store using in-game overlay web browser.
- Fixed bug that could cause Steam to crash at shutdown time.
- Fixed runaway memory usage in steamwebhelper process when a corrupt proxy auto-config script is encountered.
- Fixed bug that could cause Steam to hang at shutdown time.
- Fixed game installation failing in certain cases when creating symbolic links.
- Fixed Steam client account button formatting incorrectly when Steam Wallet balance changes.
- Fixed a possible crash in Steam Overlay when taking screenshots in DOOM: Eternal.
- Fixed Download Region being forced to “Argentina” in certain circumstances.
- Fixed license issue with EA Play First Trial after full game has been purchased.
- Fixed Steam client window initially showing as translucent rectangle when opened on a secondary display set to a different DPI value than the primary display.
- Improved updating game content when disk space is low and another Steam library folder on a different disk is available.
- Improved handling of game launches from executables or other launchers. This fixes several issues including the game not receiving the Big Picture version of the overlay even if Big Picture is active.