Steam is a content delivery platform developed by Valve Corporation. The tool is used for distribututing a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet. Users can benefit from slew of games, mods and demos as well as videos of upcoming games.
Steam will allow you to purchase new games and to download extension for games you already have. You'll be able to download demos, watch instruction videos and download games. One of Steam's advantages is the ability to start downloading, leave your PC, return to it and see that Steam continued downloading your game of choice without a glitch. The list of titles is continuously growing and also includes non-commercial titles.
Features of Steam:
- Instantly access your favorite games.
- Join the Steam Community.
- Chat with your friends while gaming.
- Easily browse multiplayer game servers.
- Receive automatic game updates.
- Play your games on any PC.
- Enjoy Steam-only special offers.
- Added an option to share your IP address and attempt to establish a direct connection. The connection will still be relayed if NAT traversal fails or the relayed route is faster.
- Throttle downloads on the client while streaming, if that option is enabled in the Download settings.
- Prevent downloads on the client while streaming, if "Allow downloads during gameplay" is not enabled in the Download settings.
- Changing Remote Play settings on the client will affect any current streaming sessions.
- Reduced the cursor scale when streaming to mobile devices.
- Fix reading battery levels on laptops. Low battery level notifications and the battery level indicator in the overlay will now work again.
- Updated 'scout' steam runtime to 0.20200505.0.
- Fixes bundled zenity binary.
- Show progress bar while updating pinned libraries.
- Updated 'heavy' steam runtime to 0.20200512.2 with upstream library updates.
- Added support for merging NVIDIA per-thread cache files after processing new Vulkan pipelines and after a game exits.
- Adjusted core count of background Vulkan pipeline processing to a quarter of logical cores by default.
- Changed processing tasks to idle priority.
- Updated Vulkan layer API version.
- Improved routing for P2P connections.
- Connections to the local user now go through internal loopback instead of being relayed over the Internet.
- Fix crash bug when attempting P2P connection to self.
- Fix bug causing excessive pings to be sent if connection starts timing out.
- Fixed hang enumerating some rare USB devices on Windows.
- Fixed hang on SteamVR startup on Windows 7.