StrongDC++ is a client for sharing files in Direct Connect network by using NMDC and ADC protocols. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the internet without restrictions or limits. Two of the best features are its automatic search for alternates and segmented downloading.
Because DC++ is a self contained C++ program it doesn't need installing as such - simply download and unzip the zip file, copy the contents into a directory and double click the .exe application.
- Safe segmented downloading. This way of downloading dramatically improves download speed, especially for fast connections, and it's safer than classical downloading.
- Connection between passive users. It allows connection between 2 passive users by using NAT Traversal technique which means that you can download from all users when in passive mode.
- Encryption. Allows encrypting of transferred data or server communication.
- Partial file sharing. Allows downloading and uploading parts of file which is being currently downloaded by you or other users.
- DHT Search engine. A hub independent and more effective Kademlia-like search engine. Publish users' files outside of hub, so they can be found when you are not present in same hubs.
- Download/Upload speed limiter. Avoids a full line usage and leaves some speed for web browsing.
- Automatic slow downloads disconnecting. Disconnects sources who speed is under certain value for certain time. If download speed during segmented downloading goes too low, the source is disconnected regardless the set value to avoid unnecessary slot usage.
- Customization. You can set sounds according to situation, change color scheme or icons, show popup balloons, see emoticons and many more...
- DC++ 0.777 core synchronization.
- Added automatic incoming connection type detection.
- Added option to disable Explorer theming in listviews and treeviews.
- Removed STLPort dependency.
- Added support to set favorite hub encoding.
- DC++ emulation is off by default (for non-favorite hubs).
- Webserver encoding changed to utf-8.
- Webserver session timeout changed to 10 minutes.
- Various other fixes and tweaks.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7|