TeamSpeak is a free application for voice communication over the Internet based on the VoIP technology. It allows you to create your own password-protected channel and talk to your friends. Speaking via this program is similar to multichannel radio communication. TeamSpeak’s primary audience is gamers, but it can also be useful in any circumstances where a large group of people must be coordinated through voice communication.
In order to perform, a TeamSpeak client requires a connection to a server. You can set this server up on your own or use one of the server hosting services. If you choose the latter, all you will need is to configure the access to the server (key in its IP address, as well as your username and password).
Key features of TeamSpeak:
- Free voice communication and chatting.
- Ability to choose servers by country or region.
- Recording conversations, including voice activation.
- Hotkey support.
- Support for avatars and user statuses.
- Fast file transfer.
- Support for add-ons and themes.
- Individual contact settings.
- Chat logging.
- Built-in Subscribe Mode for subscription to the right channels.
- Bookmarks manager.
- Ability to block/mute users.
- Simple, nice and comfortable interface.
- In light of the recent attacks that have been discovered, we took a closer look to make sure we haven't missed anything and prevent some possible future attacks.
- We have enabled the use of Unicode emojis, we hope to see some creative use on your servers.
- This works in all places where the server deals with text, nicknames, channel names, chat etc.
- Query commands customset and customdelete for custom client properties, making those just so much more usable.
- The query commands serverstop and serverprocessstop now have a new optional parameter to tell your users why it's stopping. No more hardcoded message.
- Improved regex matching in the ban manager, it now properly handles UTF-8 characters.Old style regex matching like was actually a bug and is not supported anymore. Sorry but you have to change those to use the correct regex escape sequence, for the example above it would be .
- The server does not report all slots filled when only reserved slots are left.
- When using a privilege key the custom values of the user are not overwritten anymore.
- At some point we apparently removed logging of file deletions. It's back now.
- Successful server query logins were logged regardless of query logging settings, sorry about that spam.