TeamSpeak is a free application for voice communication over the Internet based on the VoIP technology. It allows you to create your own password-protected channel and talk to your friends. Speaking via this program is similar to multichannel radio communication. TeamSpeak’s primary audience is gamers, but it can also be useful in any circumstances where a large group of people must be coordinated through voice communication.
In order to perform, a TeamSpeak client requires a connection to a server. You can set this server up on your own or use one of the server hosting services. If you choose the latter, all you will need is to configure the access to the server (key in its IP address, as well as your username and password).
Key features of TeamSpeak:
- Free voice communication and chatting.
- Ability to choose servers by country or region.
- Recording conversations, including voice activation.
- Hotkey support.
- Support for avatars and user statuses.
- Fast file transfer.
- Support for add-ons and themes.
- Individual contact settings.
- Chat logging.
- Built-in Subscribe Mode for subscription to the right channels.
- Bookmarks manager.
- Ability to block/mute users.
- Simple, nice and comfortable interface.