TequilaCat Book Reader (TCBR) is a free application for creating e-books suitable for reading on any mobile phone with Java support.
TequilaCat Book Reader actually has two parts — the first one, TCBR Shell, is a Windows application converting text files into JAR books, while the second one consists of the JAR books created by TCBR Shell which include the book itself and a Java application for reading it.
Key features of TequilaCat Book Reader
- Generation of Java books from FB2, PDF, MS Word files and other formats.
- Installation of a JAR file on a mobile device.
- Support for various fonts, including Windows fonts, even with no Cyrillic support.
- Support for smooth fonts in case a book is created with ClearType (the font-smoothing technology) on.
- Display of text rotated clockwise or counter-clockwise.
- Page-by-page, line-by-line and pixel-by-pixel auto-scrolling at a predefined speed.
- Ability to read FB2 and TXT files directly from a memory card.
- Ability to display pictures in FB2 books on a memory card and in JAR books created from HTML.
- Subdivision in chapters, adding the words “Preface” and “Chapter” to the Table of Contents, etc.
- Choosing from several methods of hyphenation and text justification.
- An option to choose the font color and the type of the “paper” background.
- Ability to remove formatting, duplicate spaces, excess indentation.
- Support of touchscreens.
Changes in recent version