Download Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open source e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Thunderbird can manage multiple e-mail, newsgroup and RSS accounts and supports multiple identities within accounts.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
Features of Mozilla Thunderbird:
- Message management. Thunderbird can manage multiple e-mail, newsgroup and RSS accounts and supports multiple identities within accounts.
- Junk filtering. Thunderbird incorporates a Bayesian spam filter, a whitelist based on the included address book, and can also understand classifications by server-based filters such as SpamAssassin.
- Extensions. Extensions allow the addition of features through the installation of XPInstall modules.
- Themes. Thunderbird supports a variety of themes for changing its overall look and feel.
- Standards support. Thunderbird supports POP and IMAP. It also supports LDAP address completion.
- Internationalization and localization. With contributors all over the world, the client is translated into at least 36 languages/locales, covering a wide number of languages.
- Security. Thunderbird provides enterprise and government-grade security features such as SSL/TLS connections to IMAP and SMTP servers.
Changes in recent version
- Menu item for disabling subject encryption for a single message added.
- Printing messages that are not currently displayed is no longer supported, including printing multiple messages at once.
- Buttons on compose window dialogs did not have a visual indication of focus.
- Dropdown fields in message compose window were unreadable on Windows 7 with a dark theme.
- Multiple bulk mail notification warnings were displayed.
- Enabled/Disabled state of message filters did not persist as expected.
- Printing a message did not print a list of its attachments.
- Images attached from a web page were not sent as expected.
- OpenPGP public key was attached multiple times when forwading a message.
- Windows tray icon disappeared if Thunderbird was started by a shortcut with "Run" set to "Minimized".
- Windows tray message count badge displayed the "unread" count instead of the "new" message count.
- Some downstream Thunderbird builds were incorrectly checking addons for a signature, causing all addons to be disabled.
- Addressbooks set up with autoconfig showed no search results.
- Various CardDAV setup and auto-detection fixes.
- Dates (such as birthday) stored in contacts may display the wrong date; a one-time manual fix may be needed for dates that are incorrect.
- Attached VCards displayed as plain text when an email was HTML formatted.
- Mailing list names with non-ASCII characters incorrectly displayed with an error.
- LDAP directories were not searched for matches when adding recipients to an email.
- Clicking "Connect to an LDAP address book" in account setup opened CardDAV setup dialog.
- LDAP address books using Kerberos/GSS-API authentication did not authenticate.
- LDAP search queries containing non-ASCII characters produced no results.
- IRC server connections did not automatically retry after a timeout.
- Calendar event editor did not honor mail.spellcheck.inline.