The Tor Browser Bundle protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world. It prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser, and is self-contained.
- Prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit.
- Provides the foundation for a range of applications that allow organizations and individuals to share information over public networks without compromising their privacy.
- The program also makes it possible for users to hide their locations while offering various kinds of services.
- Portability program.
Download the file, and save it somewhere, then double click on it. Click Extract to begin extraction. This may take a few minutes to complete. Double click on the Start Tor Browse application (it may be called Start Tor Browser.exe on some systems).
Make sure that it says "Tor Enabled" in the bottom right corner before using it. To reduce the risk of confusion, don't run Firefox while using the Tor Browser Bundle, and close existing Firefox windows before starting.
- Update Firefox to 45.7.0esr.
- Tor to 0.2.9.9.
- OpenSSL to 1.0.2j.
- Update Torbutton to 126.96.36.199.
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.10.
- Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.9.
- Update NoScript to 188.8.131.52.
- Fixed bugs.