Trillian is a proprietary multiprotocol instant messaging application. It can connect to multiple IM services, such as AIM, ICQ, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, IRC, Bonjour, XMPP, and Skype networks; as well as Social Networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace; and email services, such as POP3, IMAP, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail.
Trillian connects to multiple instant messaging services without the need of running multiple clients. Users can create multiple connections to the same service, and can also group connections under separate identities to prevent confusion. All contacts are gathered under the same contact list. Contacts are not bound to their own IM service groups, and can be dragged and dropped freely.
- Connection to multiple IM services.
- Metacontact. Users can bundle multiple contact entries for the same person into one entry in the contact list.
- Trillian has its own unique skinning engine known as SkinXML. Many skins have been developed for Trillian and they can be downloaded from the official skins gallery.
- Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration).
- An advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client.
- Sending files and other documents is a breeze with powerful file transfer support.