Tux Paint is a drawing program created by Bill Kendrick especially for kids from 3 to 12 years. The user interface is quite simple, it has funny sound effects and an encouraging assistant that helps children get familiarized with the program.
Tux Paint uses a variety of drawing instruments. The software has a wide range of standard brushes and stamps for drawing and others can add new ones. Tux Paint supports lines and forms, it comes with a wide choice of standard fonts and an option to import new fonts. There are almost 60 special effects and a special interface can be used to create new effects without needing to know programming languages. Funny sound effects are played when selecting and using the program’s instruments, they encourage children and raise their mood. There is also a built-in assistant, the Linux penguin, who he can give hints and tips.
- Created especially for kids from 3 to 12 years.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Funny atmosphere and funny sounds when using the program.
- Lots of tools and almost 60 special effects for drawing.
- Ability to create your own special effects.
- Ability to add brushes, stamps and fonts.
- Ability to work in full screen mode.
- Cheerful built-in assistant.
- Open source software.
- 14 new magic tools.
- 40 new template pictures.
- Nearly 200 new stamps.
- Support for SVG and KidPix templates.
- Enhanced text tool.
- Accessibility improvements.
- On-screen keyboard.
- 32 new languages.