Universal Extractor is a program do to exactly what it says: extract files from any type of archive, whether it's a simple zip file, an installation program, or even a Windows Installer (.msi) package. This application is not intended to be a general purpose archiving program. It will never replace WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.
What it will do is allow you to extract files from virtually any type of archive, regardless of source, compression method, etc. The original motivation behind this project was to create an easy, convenient way to extract files from installation packages, such as Inno Setup or Windows Installer packages, without pulling up a command line every time.
Supported formats: .rar, .7z, .exe, .ace, .arc, .arj, .exe, .bin, .cue, .bz2, .tbz2, .tar.bz2, .cpio, .deb, .gz, .tgz, .tar.gz, .img, .cab and many others.
- Added support for environmental variables.
- Added support for XZ compressed files and txz/tlz archives via 7-Zip.
- Added support for Windows Installer merge modules.
- Added support for NBH files via NBHextract.
- Added translations for Armenian, Czeck, Persian (Farsi), Serbian, Swedish.
- Many other additions, changes and corrections.
|Windows:||2000, XP, 2003, Vista|