Unreal Development Kit (UDK) is a free engine for non-commercial use on the bases of which fully functional 3D games can be created. It’s written in C++ and has tremendous potencial for creation not only 2D apps for IOS but fully functional 3D games on PC and consoles. When you learn to work with this engine you will be able to create wonderful games. Actually they will be non commercial and you won’t be able to sell them legally. However a high quality product always has a chance to be licensed with the designers of Unreal Engine 3.
Development Kit has a great number of ready to use scripts, sprites and objects. They can be successfully combined, one can also prescribe conditions of their interaction and by this create new games.
-This product has a very wide range of use -on its bases one can create PC games, special effects for TV studios, spectacular presentations and research works. Flexibility of UDK enables to create applications on its bases for IOS and PC.
- Unreal Development Kit gives the developer the possibility to test his application which is being designed at any design stage.
- There are ready to use templates for those who has no will to create the game from the very beginning. After some manipulations they are turning into small independent games.
- The program has an intuitively clear interface and even a man far removed from programming can easily understand it.
- Build levels, visually script gameplay events and add visual effects for mobile applications using the Unreal Editor and its major tools, including Unreal Kismet, Unreal Cascade and Unreal Matinee.
- Superior rendering features for mobile development, including Unreal Lightmass global illumination accelerated by Unreal Swarm distributed computing.
- The full source and content for the “Epic Citadel” App, plus an additional castle demo map.
- UDK Remote: A handy tool that enables iOS devices to serve as wireless controllers with full touch and tilt functionality for testing games on the computer.
- New Unreal Frontend system compiles scripts and deploys builds for multiple platforms with the simple click of a button.
- Mobile Previewer: Preview your application locally using a fully feature OpenGL ES 2.0 renderer with mobile input simulated.
- One-click Deployment: Easily deploy your application from the Unreal Editor to your iOS device with only one click.
- Next-gen Mobile Graphics: UDK's highly optimized mobile renderer has support for per-pixel lighting, environment mapping, precomputed visibility and more! And of course, Unreal Lightmass computes stunning light and shadows to bring your scene to life.
- Unreal Kismet Visual Scripting: Artists and level designers can string together actions, inputs and events in Unreal Kismet to dictate how the world flows and how the player interacts without having to touch a single line of code.
- UFE Toolbar. UFE now supports multiple profiles. A profile is a collection of settings for cooking, syncing, and launching that makes switching between projects and configurations a breeze.
- A vertex color matching tool was added. It allows re-imported meshes to have their hand-painted vertex color paint refitted.
- A new Kismet action, ProjectileFactory, was added. It allows spawning projectiles w/ muzzle flashes from a skeletal mesh socket or bone in Kismet.
|Author:||Epic Games, Inc.|
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|