µTorrent (uTorrent, microTorrent) is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client, that received consistently good reviews for its feature set, performance, stability, and support for older hardware and old versions of Windows. It is designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients such as Vuze or BitComet.
µTorrent is shipped as a single stand-alone compressed executable file, and does not require installation, though an installer is available for trivial installation. With BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth.
- Multi-torrent interface with queueing support. Global and per-torrent speed limiting.
- Configurable and smart bandwidth scheduler.
- UPnP support for all versions of Windows.
- µTorrent can use as little as 14 MB of RAM running on a 486 processor on Windows 95.
- Quick-resumes interrupted transfers.
- Embedded Tracker - a simple tracker designed for seeding torrents, lacking a web interface or list of hosted torrents.
- Configuration settings and temporary files are stored in a single directory, allowing portable use.
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT). RSS Downloader.
- Bandwidth limiter (automatic and manual).
- Customizable search bar and user interface design.
- Localized to different languages. Unicode support for Windows 95/98/ME.
- NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) support.
- Fixed Bugs.