Victoria is a small freeware application for low-level HDD diagnostics, designed to assess performance, test and perform minor repairs to your IDE drive and SATA HDD. Victoria designed primarily for HDD repairmen in stationary conditions and is not intended to test the system hard drive.
Victoria has a lot of useful features, including: full HDD information, disk image creation, 10 disk tests, surface scan, low-level format, Automatic Acoustic Management (AAM), S.M.A.R.T. information, ability to change disk size, and much more.
Features of Victoria:
- No CPU load at idle.
- User-friendly interface.
- Supports these interfaces: IDE and Serial ATA.
- View full technical information on drives.
- Manipulate SMART tests and view SMART status.
- Extensive testing and benchmarking with graphical maps.
- Low level sector viewing and manipulation.
- Much more...
Changes in recent version
- Found that some users overwrite the serial number on shared screenshots. Why do it manually if you can automate it? Added a button “Hide serial number” - a cross to the right of the serial number on the top panel. So that the number does not appear in the logs - you need to get a passport.
- The ability to disable ATA-registers received via the USB-bridge (on the tab "API" in the "settings"). Reason: some USB bridges freeze for 1-2 seconds when requesting registers.
- At the request, the time for displaying tooltips (hints) was set within 3 ... 60 s. It is set in the “settings - interface” menu.
- New SMART attributes for the Crucial / Micron SSD family have been added: 183 SATA Interface downshift, 194 Enclosure temperature, 210 RAIN successful recovery page count, 246 Cumulative host sectors written, 247 Host program page count, 248 FTL program page count.
- Disable ATA caching for operations with MBR due to criticisms of some users.
- Added inclusion in the drive of the function of checking the written (Write-Read-Verify aka W-R-V) and the start of erasing the surface with it. Of course, this happens at the expense of speed, but is done in one pass instead of two. This option is available in the Actions menu and in the Cache and Temporary Functions utility.
- Removed the restriction on the memorable size of the form. Previously, there were no more than 1000 x 1000 dots; when exceeded, the size was not saved.
- The program was prevented from switching to a neighboring drive in the device selection list if the USB test drive was disconnected. However, this only works if the option “display logical drives” is disabled in the passport.
- More time was allocated to set up the chart before drawing it on the “quick scan”. This eliminates the failure of the schedule at the very beginning, as it could sometimes be in previous versions.
- Fixed several reasons why there could be gaps in the graphics of the scan while using other interface elements.
- He returned the read / write indicator lights to the side panel.
- The program now reports in the log that not all necessary lines are present in the translation file. This can happen if only the .exe file of the program was updated, and the rest was left from the previous version.