Visual Studio Community is a fully-featured free IDE. The tool is designed to develop modern software for Windows Android and iOS as well as web applications and cloud services. Designed for individual developers.
This environment provides the developer with all the necessary tools and functions in one product. Features that improve coding productivity, cross-platform mobile development tools, and a set of extensions from the Visual Studio Gallery are available.
Features of Visual Studio Community
- Ability to create applications for all popular platforms.
- The presence of powerful tools for the most comfortable programming.
- Constructors, editors, debuggers and profilers in one tool.
- Access to a large number of extensions.
- Git integration.
- Simplified modular installation.
Changes in recent version
- Fixed an issue where C#-specific IntelliCode components may not be installed if IntelliCode had previously been installed from the Visual Studio Marketplace in older versions of Visual Studio
- Transitive project references are now respected when a PackageReference projects references packages.config projects with PackageReference dependencies.
- Adds Xcode 12.3 support.
- Fixes x86_64 watchOS 7.0+ simulator support.