Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a java BitTorrent client offering multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems, start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents. Like other BitTorrent clients, it is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol, a mechanism for peer-to-peer file sharing over a network. Vuze is now one of the most popular BitTorrent clients.
Vuze allows users to download multiple files in a single graphical user interface. The program also features detailed statistics and a large number of user-configurable settings.
- Find torrents fast. Search for torrents beyond Vuze straight from the client. Discover high quality, maverick content on the Vuze network
- Play it straight. Download quickly and efficiently with intelligent bandwidth, queue and speed management, both globally and per torrent.. Download and stream high-quality content from the Vuze Network.
- Share the wealth. Easily share torrents with Vuze "Friends" feature. Share bandwidth with "Friends" to get a "Friend Boost" and download faster.
- Adjustable disk cache. Only uses one port for all the torrents. UPnP sets the forward on your router. Can use a proxy, for both tracker and peer communications.
- Can set a default download dir and move completed files. Can import torrents automatically from a set dir.
- Highly customizable interface. Fast resume. IRC plugin included for quick help.
- File names, sizes and levels of completion for specific files within the download directory (BitTorrent allows a user to create a torrent file for an entire directory). It is also possible to prevent certain files from downloading.
- Peer data including IP addresses (and country with the use of a plugin), the speeds at which you are downloading and uploading to/from them, the port they are running BitTorrent on, and the BitTorrent client they are using.
Please note that Vuze requires the latest Java Runtime Environment to work.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|