Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer.
Windows Defender features system scan capabilities includes a number of real-time security agents that monitor several common areas of Windows for changes which may be caused by spyware. It also includes the ability to easily remove ActiveX applications that are installed.
- Quickly and easily finds spyware and other unwanted programs that can slow down your computer, display annoying pop-up ads, change Internet settings, or use your private information.
- Eliminates detected spyware easily at your direction, and if you inadvertently remove programs that you actually want, it's easy to get them back.
- Allows you to schedule your scanning and removal times when it's convenient for you, whether it's on-demand or on a schedule that you set.
- Helps stop spyware before it infiltrates your computer. Windows Defender also offers a continuous safeguard designed to target all the ways that spyware can infiltrate your computer.
- Works without distracting you. It runs in the background and automatically handles spyware based on preferences that you set.
- A dedicated team of Microsoft researchers continuously searches the Internet to discover new spyware and develop methods to counteract it.
- A voluntary, worldwide network of Windows Defender users helps Microsoft determine which suspicious programs to classify as spyware.
- To help protect your computer from the latest threats, you can choose to have updates that counteract new spyware automatically downloaded to your computer.
Windows Defender will validate that your copy of Windows is genuine before installation. Furthermore, Windows Defender will only remove Severe threats for machines that are not genuine. Low, Medium and High threats will be detected, but not removed unless your copy of Windows is genuine.
- No data.
|Windows:||XP, Vista, 7, 8|