Windows Defender Offline is a free Windows tool for fighting viruses, rootkits and other kinds of malware. A bootable disk or a USB memory stick with this application installed allows you to boot the infected computer, scan the system for malware and delete the detected threats.
In order to use this program, you need to record it on a CD/DVD disk or a USB memory stick.
- It is only possible to run it from portable data media.
- Offline system check for malware.
- Ability to choose a quick, full or customized scan.
- Ability to analyze the detected threats online on the Microsoft Active Protection Service website.
- It helps to “cure” the system even if Windows refuses to load correctly.
1. Windows Defender Offline is not a full-fledged antivirus application with a real-time shield. Use it only in case it is impossible to start Windows because it has been infected with malware.
2. Pay attention to the fact, that if you want to install the defender on a USB stick, it’ll have to be formatted.
3. It is important to know your system’s architecture, whether it is 32 or 64 bit. If you download the wrong version of the tool, Windows Defender Offline will fail to work.