Windows Movie Maker is a video editing software. It contains features such as effects, transitions, titles/credits, audio track, timeline narration, and Auto Movie.
Windows Movie Maker is also a basic audio track editing program. It can apply basic effects to audio tracks such as fade in or fade out. The audio tracks can then be exported in the form of a sound file instead of a video file.
- Use special features to polish your video.
- Add transitions and special effects.
- Add titles and credits.
- Add music.
- Add narration.
- Create an insurance video.
- Create a video greeting card.
- Save your movie in different formats.
Movie Maker 2.6 is for Windows Vista users whose computer cannot run the Vista version of Movie Maker. To test if your computer can run the Vista version of Movie Maker:
1. From the Start menu, click All Programs.
2. Click Windows Movie Maker.
If Movie Maker launches, you should not download version 2.6. If you get an error message that says, "Windows Movie Maker cannot start because your video card does not support the required level of hardware acceleration or hardware acceleration is not available", download and install Movie Maker 2.6.