Xplorer2 Lite is powerful desktop browsing and file management engine, it sports dual panes and folder tabs. The free version is for private or academic use only. Program interface is similar to standard Windows Explorer, but its features are much more expanded – there are a lot of additional buttons and bars. A full kit of options for working with files and directories on the local computer: copying, replacing, deleting, search, filtering, viewing by specified parameters etc.
Xplorer2 Lite works with network discs. Additionally, automatic file refreshing is set in connected network discs. Program works both with individual files and in batch mode.
You can put a bookmark for any favorite file or catalog. In-built manager’s options allow graphics viewing, preview audio and video files, as well as HTML, Text, RTF, and Hex files. Xplorer2 Lite is convenient both for novices and experts.
- All-area shell namespace access.
- Automatic sensing of changes in all folders (networked etc).
- Multithreaded & multi-window operation.
- Dual pane mode (browse 2 folders in one window).
- Tabbed interface.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Path autocompletion.
- Filtering of item visibility.
- Window layout saving and management.
- Export folder information as text (for printing etc).
- Hard links (NTFS).
- Mass renaming.
- Find text in files.
- Search for multiple keywords with boolean context.
- Unicode & file encoding aware.
- Text/RTF/Hex preview.
- Text editor.
- Graphics & HTML preview.
- Thumbnail view mode.
- Folder comparison & synchronization.
- Toolbar customization.
- Folder junctions, symbolic links (NTFS).
- Calculate folder sizes in detailed view.
- Toolbar skinning.
- "hidden" command with id=33508 pops the color tag menu, for those that don't want to use the shell context menu to color tag items. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to it using CUSTOMIZE > KEYBOARD menu command, and find 33508 in the miscellaneous category.
- editorÂ² v2.940 adds experimental support for "macro" commands. Use AUTOTEXT > MACRO menu command or press F9 key. CTRL+F9 repeats the last macro. For more information on the macro language syntax please refer to the deskrule help.